In the realm of social media, Instagram holds significant importance that no one can deny. Whether you talk about business growth, content creation, creativity, freelancing, networking, connectivity, SMEs, shopping, influencers, or anything more, Instagram is there and one of the most powerful social media platforms amongst others, i.e. Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Youtube, etc. Instagram allows users to share their photos, videos, reels, and posts to connect with audiences and reach the world. One can start his or her own business on Instagram from anywhere in the world and promote any product. You can run your shop, a small business, or a service. With features like TopFollow, you can unlock new dimensions of success and connectivity on this powerhouse of a platform.
Almost 2.35 billion monthly users are active on Instagram, making it the 4th largest social media platform. With the increasing number of users or followers, a profile needs to have control over the audience to protect personal and private information. Keeping privacy and security in mind, one of the important choices and preferences of many users is to hide their followers or followers list for unwanted interactions. Users have a keen interest in learning “how to hide your following list on Instagram “, for the reason that only I can see their followers on Instagram, or to stop my followers from seeing who I follow on Instagram.
Is it possible to hide following list on Instagram?
One can hide his or her following or follower list on Instagram from those who are not following you, have not subscribed to you, or are not following you. Privacy settings may change over time; one must check the upgraded settings in your profile and accounts and you can also Hide Likes On Instagram.Here are some methods to hide your following list from people who are not following you or are not your approved followers:
Turn on Private Account:
- Open the Instagram app on your device
- Go to your profile.
- Click on the three buttons in the top-right corner to access the menu.
- Tap Settings and Privacy.
- Scroll down and tap Account Privacy.
- Turn on “Private Account”.
By turning on these private account settings, only your approved followers can see what you share—your photos, videos with hashtags, people you follow, and people following you.
Remove unwanted Followers from seeing your following list:
The second method is to remove unwanted followers in the following way:
- Go to the Instagram app.
- Go to your profile.
- Tap on your followers list.
- Now scroll down and tap on Remove to remove the followers you do not want to see in your following list.
- People you remove from your follower list can see the number of people following you but cannot see who is following you.
Keep your main Account separate:
The third method to hide your following list on Instagram and to prevent your account from unwanted interactions is to keep your main account and your working professional account separate in the following way:
- Create a second account on Instagram.
- Make sure to upload a unique photo and a proper bio or profile.
- From this account, you can follow pages and people that you want to hide from others on your main account.
- Once you follow the pages, people from the second account appear. Now you can unfollow them on your main account.
Block Unwanted people to hide from your following list:
Another way to get rid of people you do not want to share your things with or follow on Instagram is to block all those people in your account settings:
- Go to the Instagram app.
- Go to the unwanted profile and open it.
- Tap on the top right three buttons.
- Tap block.
- Tap Block again to confirm.
Why is it important to hide my following list on Instagram?
Hiding your following list on Instagram has various reasons, here are some of them:
- One of the main reasons for keeping your account private is your choice and preference. You might like to keep your things personal.
- The other important reason is account security and privacy.
- Hiding your followers or following list is important when you want to avoid unwanted interactions and attention.
- Keeping your professional and personal lives separate is important if you prefer social media. If this is your choice, then you can hide your followers or following list, keeping your account in private settings.
- One of the major reasons behind hiding the following list is to hide your identity on social media, users who value anonymity.
Does hiding your Following list provide complete privacy on Instagram?
It’s important to know that by turning on the private account settings, hiding followers can provide a certain level of privacy and control. Your content visibility depends on your account and security settings as well. But users might be able to see your followers by various means. Things you need to keep in mind:
- If you and another user both follow each other, you’ll both be able to see each other’s Following list, even if your accounts are set to private.
- When you receive follow requests from private accounts, you can see their profile information, including their mutual followers and the following list, before deciding whether to approve or decline the request.
- By taking screenshots, people can share their things with others.
- When you like or comment anywhere on Instagram, your activity might be visible, even with private account settings.
- If you and another person follow each other, both of you can see each other’s following list, irrespective of the privacy settings.
Personal branding, business, and culture make Instagram a prominent and influential player in the social media landscape. It is providing a wide range of opportunities to everyone, which you cannot deny. On the other hand, you have the pros and cons of social platforms. Keeping all this in mind, one should keep his or her account settings and share content according to the guidelines provided by social apps like Instagram and be aware of the upgraded settings and privacy. While it’s your own choice to keep things open or hide to which extent, you better know, you prefer.